Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The first month with out mom

Well, we have now passed the one month mark of mom's death. And her birthday is just around the corner. This first month as proven both very hard but yet blessed. Tracy and Lucas were very hard to deal and live with those first two weeks, but boy I have never felt closer to them than I feel right now. Tracy is very busy with her friends, crushes, and volleyball. She is also tring FCCLA when it works with her busy life. She is an amazing little girl who is slowly becoming a wonderful young woman. She wants to move in with us, but I dont think she knows how needed she is at home. She has unknowingly (if that is a word) taken the roll as the woman of the house. She makes sure Lucas is showering and taking care of himself (not always the way she should...but I can't kick that big sister out of her) Some day she might live with us, but I dont see that happening anytime soon. Lucas has struggled alot since mom passed, but he too is starting to get into the swing of life with out mom. He cant stand his sister telling him what to do, but gives her just as much flack as she does him. I wish he was like two or three years younger, I think they would get along better....but O well. He has decided he wants to start piano lessons since he isn't really into the sports thing and there aren't a whole lot of options for him in the 6th grade anyways. Mom really wanted him to do that. He also started confirmaion this year and he HATES it, but we all did and got through it anyways. As for Me Dan and Boen were all doing fine. I am back at work starting today so Daddy is having his first night alone with Boen... I am excited to see how they did. We will start to get caught up with money with me working again which will help, feeding those extra two most nights amoung the other new expences have taken a HUGE dent into our savings.... but it is just money and I dont really care, but it will be nice to be on top of it again. Boen is now 11#5oz and 23in long. He is smiling and cooing and getting a personality. He knows when mommy has him and fallows Daddys voice where ever it is. They are soo cute. I am soo blessed. Well I hope everyone is doing good too and healing best as you can now that mom is gone. Physically gone anyways. Love the Schweitzers

No comments: