Saturday, August 9, 2008
Boen Daniel Schweitzer
Well, the time finally came! Boen Daniel made his grand entrance into the world on July 17, 2008 at 9:02 am. He was a huge 6lb 10oz and 20.5 in long. He is the most beautiful baby I have ever set my eyes on, but that may be because he looks a whole lot like the most beautiful man I have ever set my eyes on! :) About the labor.... well it wasn't near as bad as I thought it would be. My water broke at 2:20 am, I waited about 30minuts untill I woke Dan up...by the time we got to the hospital my contractions we about 5minuts apart it wasn't long and they were every two. And so began my labor. Before my water broke I was 4cm, 80% effaced, and at 0 station. So I was already half way there which is why my labor started so hard and fast. I tried that shower thing, but it didn't really help, so I mainly used the birth ball which was AWESOME! It really helped me manage my pain. All I had for pain medicine was a half a shot of newbane which just took the edge off for one hour, but it was perfect because it gave me and hour to get ready for the pushing where my contractions were bareable otherwise I think I may have died...not really....but really! Boen's cord was wrapped around his neck and his little hand was wedged up there too, so I had to have him out in the next push...so no hours of pushing for me I only endured 15 minuts of pushing...praise Jesus. But it helps that pushing hurt worse than going through a contraction...thanks to no pain meds. One good advantage....it goes much faster cause you want it over with soo bad!! It took a while for him to start breathing which was kind of scary but other than a little jaundice he is a very healthy baby! We are sooo blessed and he is doing so well. I feel like the luckiest woman in the world!! Thanks for checking in...I will hopefully get some more pics on here soon. Much love... the schweitzers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment